4.21.2009

I dream a dream


I dreamed a dream in time gone by   
我梦到往日的一个梦  

When hope was high   
那时充满希望  

And life worth living   
生命有价值   

I dreamed that love would never die   
我梦到爱永不凋零  

I dreamed that God would be forgiving   
我梦到天主是宽容的  

Then I was young and unafraid   
那时我仍年轻无惧   

And dreams were made and used and wasted  
我浪掷梦想  

There was no ransom to be paid   
而无须付出任何代价   

No song unsung, no wine untasted   
无歌不唱, 无酒不尝   

But the tigers come at night   
然而老虎却在夜里   

With their voices soft as thunder  
带著他们低沈如雷的声音来到   

As they tear your hope apart  
他们将你的希望撕裂   

And they turn your dream to shame  
他们让你的梦想幻灭

And still I dream he'll come to me  
而我还梦想著他会回到我身边   

That we will live the years together  
那我们就可以永远在一起   

But there are dreams that cannot be
但那是无法实现的梦想   

And there are storms we cannot weather   
那是我们无法捱过的暴风雨  

I had a dream my life would be   
我曾梦想著我的人生   

So different from this hell I'm living  
完全不像我现在般的生活   

So different now from what it seemed   
现在不像我曾经想像的   

Now life has killed the dream I dreamed.  
如今现实的生活已经扼杀了我昔日的梦想

没有评论:

发表评论